❔ What and Why Memoriez ❔
This is a very important question because it makes things clear as to why this app is needed. I built Memoriez because I honestly found it hard to write and maintain journal/diary entries daily.
It's not easy to maintain a journal (especially not for lazy people like me 😜) but with this platform, people can easily maintain a journal where their data is also stored on the cloud. So it's preserved as well.
✨ Features ✨
Memoriez contains not too many features as of now but still many features. But it has the following great features that are different from a normal journal app.
Cover Image (Using Pexels)
Users can add a cover image to their entry using this feature, they can search for something and choose that image to set their cover. I used the Pexels API for this.
Set Mood of the day
Users can set the mood of the day which will then help them to figure out how the day went instead of reading the whole entry. This gives a sort of emotion for the day and makes it better.
⚒ Tech Stack ⚒
The Tech Stack used here might be familiar to a lot of people. Because it has gotten very popular nowadays.
- Next.js (With TypeScript)
- Chakra UI (CSS Framework)
- Clerk (User Authentication)
- Prisma (ORM)
- PlanetScale (Database)
- Linode (Deployment/VPS)
🍂 What I Learned 🍂
One of the most important things from this hackathon was to learn new things about new technologies. Here are a few new things I learned by building this project.
- ⚡ Deployment of Next.js app on Linode (Most interesting)
- 🚀 Deploy on commit with GitHub Actions
- 🔒 Building a full CRUD app with Secure API
- ✨ Using PlanetScale for the database with Prisma
🔮 What Next? 🔮
I built this in a very few days because I did not have much time. Most of my time went in other things. Now that I have made the basic working version of it. These are the features I have planned for the future:
- Make entries shareable (set public or private)
- Ability to filter entries by tags
- Ability to filter entries by mood
- Show graphs and charts based on mood
- Searching for entry
⛳ Conclusion ⛳
This was one of my greatest experiences of all time. This is my second huge app!
Memoriez is open-source! Contributions are welcome 🤗
Overall, I would like to mention these super useful resources that helped me deploy my project to Linode. It was a little too much work but I learned something very new that I had never come across before.
- Automatic Deployment With GitHub Actions - By Traversy Media and Anson the Developer
- Linux Server Setup & MERN Deployment - By Traversy Media
Comment down your thoughts! There is always room for improvement so let me know your suggestions on this project!
Thanks for reading ✌